Web work is ephemeral, in that most websites are documents of ongoing change in web design, corporate image, company size and focus, and expanding levels of investment in design, web content development and site function. Therefore a web professional can rarely point to a website that she/he worked on and say “I did that” because the targeted site started moving on from their work on the day after they finished it or left the company.

Even so, there is the Wayback machine, which can sometimes give snapshots of how a website used to look, to give a web portfolio a sense of visual history.

As of April 2019, I handed off the design and management of the MUM Development Group “Giving” site to the web management team in the MUM Marketing Department.

This site includes a lot of fundraising program descriptions and content  designed to inspire donations and celebrate the results of such gifts.

It includes a number of transaction types including blockchain donations.

From October 2009 to June of 2016 I worked on the MUM.edu site. From 2009 to to October of 2015 I was the Marketing Director in the Admissions Department, and then, until June of 2016 I worked on branding individual department sites within the overall site.

In the first period I was in charge of content and website redesigns for the entire site,  Google and other ad campaigns, and a few offline initiatives. I supervised a team of writers, web techs, video and social media people.

When I came into the position I felt that the site was rather austere, and that there were usability concerns, plus limited sub-navigation capabilities, and that departmental descriptions were sparse, and so embarked on a major redesign and relaunch, culminating in a new version of the site, launched about 13 months later.

The rebuild included and equally massive creation of a robust intranet site that resulted from dozens of user-centric analyses of internal departments.

All in all these two projects expanded the size of the MUM web pages from about 1200 pages to over 2000.

However, shortly after our first redesign responsive design was emerging as a state of the art design principle, and we took steps to engage in yet another major redo, migrating the marketing pages of the site to a WordPress-based design.

From October ’15 to June ’16 I worked mostly to expand department offerings with department level blogs, social media campaigns and targeted offsite promotions. In that timeframe I supervised multiple department-level content developers/marketing associates, plus outside contractors in copywriting, social media, and micro-site development, and web ad campaign management/ad spend.

We also created a beautiful 3-D campus tour working with Youvisit.com

What I can’t show you, however, is the hundreds of landing pages and both Google, Facebook and Adroll (remarketing) text and banner ads that I authored to promote the site.

Où sont les neiges d’antan?

And a lot of it was in the winter, too.


At Newspaperarchive.com I worked mostly in creating web landing pages and ads, but also in doing SEO analysis and page authoring to support SEO. I also managed the workload of a technical design team and wrote SEO-targeted histories of all 50 US states. This is what the site looked like when I was there.

I worked at Microsoft in Redmond, CA on contract through Excell Data Corporation. It was a six month contract, and mostly I did article authoring for the Microsoft Science website, which was a corporate level group assigned with managing the Microsoft Relationship with the scientific community, in the interest of marketing Microsoft scientific computing services. As such I dealt with data scientists from all over the world via and the Microsoft intranet interface of choice, Sharepoint. I also coordinated activities with external web promotion agencies.

For TM.org I initially worked (in Seattle) to create dozens of website to support marketing activities of TM teachers throughout the US West Coast region. Sites allowed local teachers to add events and update addresses, etc.. These sites used the Fullpartner web business platform (see below).

My subsequent work for TM.org included the introduction, launch and management of the  free Google Adwords campaigns for non-profit organizations, which has probably resulted in millions of dollars of savings for the organization over the past 12 years.

I also created 50-75 locally branded sub-sites of the main TM.org site to empower promotions for city level offices.

For Full Partner I supported perhaps as many as 50-60 clients in site launches on the Full Partner system. In most cases these clients had basic brochure-ware level websites (or none) and wanted to upgrade to a full web business site that would allow for online transactions and client-driven content updates.

This work involved advising clients in optimal, design, site structure, SEO and Pay Per Click advertising principles, plus re-engineering their static text and visual assets into an upgraded web presence.